Sunday 21 July 2013

Brunch in Surry Hills #2: Rustic Pearl Cafe - food for the soul.

Balkan & Aegean inspired cafe

Brunch is served on the lovely rustic wooden table! 

Rustic Pearl Café is a new café on Crown Street that serves a fusion of Balkan, Mediterranean and French cuisine. The café décor was cosy and warm. I liked the sophisticated rustic wooden furniture (a thick red blanket is provided in each table) and the beautiful painting on the wall. It was my first time to try Mediterranean breakfast.  I ordered the r.p Aegean style breakfast which includes soft boiled egg, tomato & cucumber drizzled with W/ olive oil, marinated olives, roasted mixed spicy capsicum and marinated fetta & sourdough toast. My friend ordered the scrambled egg (forgot the full name).


 R.p Aegean style breakfast AUD$16
I liked how those ingredients were separated into side dishes and went really well together with the warm crispy sourdough toast especially the marinated olives and roasted mixed spicy capsicum. It was very different from what I normally ordered in brunch, but I liked how it was light, healthy and also tasty. 

Scrambled egg (forgot the full name and price)

Front door

I will definitely come back with a few more friends to share the smoked ham, wild mushroom and caramelised onion gozleme and try their fruity drinks.

Rustic Pearl on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment