Monday 15 July 2013

Monday Munching: Morso Cafe

My Sydney food expert, Eileen (her amazing food blog: eilxrrrworld.wordpress.com), brought me to this cafe in Pyrmont called Morso Cafe. It was only a 10 mins walk from Town Hall station and we arrived there at around 11:45am. The cafe provides tranquil harbour view with Jones Bay Wharf's charming heritage features, we therefore decided to sit outdoor and enjoy the beautiful view and sunlight. 

My friend recommended me to try their signature breakfast, Sautéed wild mushrooms with truffled scrambled eggs and Sonoma sourdough. As the dish was served, the first thing which caught my attention was the beautiful presentation. Next, I was amazed by the LIGHT, CREAMY and FLUFFY scrambled egg. The scrambled egg smells delicious with the truffled oil and fried scallion and it was perfectly cooked. I have to admit that it is truly one of the BEST scrambled eggs I have ever had. Also, it was a perfect winter comfort food. The wild mushrooms and spinach went together perfectly with the scrambled egg and bring out the nice velvety and creamy consistency that the egg has. The only downside was the bread, which seems a bit dry and tasteless. For the rest of the day, I couldn’t get over how terrific the scrambled egg tasted. Overall, I was satisfied with this dish and it is definitely worth trying out this amazingly scrambled eggs.


My go-to drink in cafe: Skim flat white AUD$4.50

Sautéed wild mushrooms with truffled scrambled eggs and Sonoma sourdough AUD$16.5
Cafe Morso on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment