Wednesday 17 July 2013

June's Monthly Beauty Favourites


It is a bit late to upload June's favourite but I think it would be nice to share my thoughts about the beauty items that I have been LOVING! June was the most stressful and the busiest month because I had my final exam. For this reason, I didn't use a lot of eyes makeup and mainly focused on face and lips.

#1. Real Techniques buffing brush
This brush is seriously worth all the hype and the quality of it is amazing! I have tried foundation brushes from other brands (e.g Mac and Estee Lauder) but they can’t beat the real technique buffing brush. I have bought this brush nearly a year ago and have been using it nearly everyday (obviously I cleaned it frequently and there will be a blog post of how I clean my brushes). The buffing brush is included in the Core Collection set, along with 4 brushes and Case and I cannot but it separately. I purchased the kit through iherb.com which is only AUD$18 dollars including shipping and $5 discount as the first purchase (a lot cheaper than Priceline who retailed for AUD$ 44.99 which is doubled the price). I strongly recommend buying the real technique brushes through iherb.com because they provide professional services and fast shipment (takes 3-4 days to Sydney), you can also get a lot of benefits from iHerb Rewards Affiliate Program. These brushes are made of synthetic materials that are super soft, smooth and easy to wash/dry out without shredding. 


I found the buffing brush worked perfectly with liquid or powder (mineral/pressed) foundations. I usually pop on a medium-to-light coverage liquid foundation (e.g YSL touche eclat foundation/ Bonjour healthy mix serum foundation) with my fingertips or apply Australis fresh and flawless pressed powder (#2) and then finely blend over face using the buffing brush in circular strokes.  The bristles massage the product around the skin so that no area is left more covered than another. It is so soft and truly gives the best foundation cover I have ever achieved.

I would recommend makeup beginners to try out their Core collection as a starter kit because they are easy to use, clean and relatively cheap compared to those high-end brushes (e.g Mac and Sigma). 

*Link:

#2. Australia’s fresh and flawless pressed powder in Natural
This pressed powder have been rated among the Australian beauty blogs and I totally agreed with them. I have heard that it is a great dupe for the MAC studio fix powder which I have never tried so I am not sure about that. According to my opinion, it is a wonderful product considering the price (AUD$ 11.40) and it is also Australia made. I applied it using the real technique buffing brush (mentioned above) and medium-to-full coverage cover my spot scares matt finish. I would also recommend to moisturize your face using a face premier or moisturizing cream before apply it because it helps to stay longer in the day. This is a great powder to set your foundation or to be used as a powder foundation alone as it gives great coverage. It leaves such a flawless finish and the formula itself is super soft and smooth. Besides, it is oil and fragrance free which is great.

During the whole exam study period, I have been using it as a powder foundation alone because it is easy and fast to apply and it blends into the skin flawlessly without looking cakey/crease. It is perfect for minimal makeup or when you are rushing in the morning/running late.  

*Link:

#3. Nivea lip butter vanilla and macadamia
It is winter in Australia. This is the time where my lips get chapped and dry out easily.  It makes my lips soft and moisturized, but it doesn't last a very long time therefore I usually reapply it a few times during the day. I found this lip butter is also great using under lipstick; apply it before makeup, let it set in while doing makeup, then apply lipstick (e.g Revlon kissable balm stain #4).  Another thing that I loved about this product is the yummy vanilla crème brulee smell which almost become addicting to a point where I applied it whenever I felt bored while studying.

*Link:

#4. Revlon kissable balm stain in Honey Douce 001
"Honey Douce" is a neutral, subtle, natural kind of pink. I like how it is like retractable jumbo crayons, and thus they do not require sharpening.  I found it very moisturizing and it's pigmentation good enough. On application the Balm Stain gives a cool sensation of mint and a glossy finish, and in some time it turns into a natural wash of colour on my lips which does not come off easily. 

*Link:

#5. Benefit sugarbomb blush
I got this brush as a friend’s Christmas present. This product is meant to be a highlight, blush and bronzer all in one but I like to apply it as a blush because I found it gives me a natural healthy peachy flush of colour on my cheek. Although there is some shimmer, it just enough to give me a very nice glow; no disco ball effect at all! I like applying it during exam study period, so I looked more refresh and “alive” (LOL) from cramming overnights! I also like how it is super easy to apply. However, I don't like applying it with flat rectangular brush that goes with the product, instead I used Real Technique blush brush which I found very soft and can be used precisely to apply blush just where I want it. 

*Link:

#6. Garnier hand intensive 7 days with shea butter
I have suffered dry hands for these few months probably due to washing dishes without putting on gloves  and cold weather conditions. After discovering Garnier SOS cream, it has become my preferred product for relief. It is intensely nourishing and soothing and leaves my hands feeling protected without leaving a greasy or sticky coating on the skin. Only a small amount is needed. It is a good hand cream and reasonably priced.

*Link:

Apart from #5, all of the products mentioned above are pharmacy/drugstore products and I purchased them using my own money. I hope you like this simple products review and I can improve these products reviews in the future by adding the before and after photos of how these products looks on my face.

P.S I was thinking to do “My Everyday Winter Makeup look” blog post very soon! Stay in touch ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment